Sunday, November 23, 2008

GOOOOAL! (Revisited) and some donuts

First, I got a second goal tonight at hockey! As Phollower pointed out, that means I have more goals than Max Afinogenov of the Sabres this season.

Second, after hockey we went to BadunkaDunkin Donuts. The people who work there are so amazingly stupid. They always get our order wrong. We were in the drive-thru today, and we asked what donuts they had left. The guy started listing things, very slowly. We asked if there were any white cream donuts. He said no. He also told us there was only one chocolate frosted one. When we ordered two cups of coffee (one large with 2 sugar and 1 cream and one medium with 2 cream and 1 sugar), he kept thinking we were changing the coffee order, not ordering two cups of coffee. Finally, we decided to go in since he seemed so confused. There were a whole tray of white cream donuts and another one of chocolate frosted. These are kids who were supposedly educated in a very nice suburb, supposedly great schools.

I thought Zoe or I had posted about the last time we went there, but I could not find it. So, sorry if this is a repeat. Zoe, BP, Phollower, and I stopped there for coffee and donuts one evening. We asked at the drive-thru what donuts they had left. We told them we wanted a dozen donuts and to make sure to include a list of 4 donuts, but they could add any of the other donuts except 2 specific kinds. I can't recall the exact kinds we wanted or didn't but the basic request was to make a dozen with 4 kinds to include for sure, 2 to not include. As we drove away, we opened the box. It was full of the 2 kinds we did not want and none of the 4 we did. We went back, told them the problem, and pulled around. They handed us more donuts. Guess what? Same problem. So we tried to explain again. We ended up yelling into the window what we wanted as they pulled them off the shelf. Then we asked if we could have some napkins. Keep in mind, we had 4 people in the car. The kid at the window gave us 2 napkins. By the end, we were laughing our asses off.

5 comments:

Zoe said...

I'd like to point out how funny it is that rich white kids can't can't get the orders right, but the poor minority employees at the Chicago DD's whose first language is not English, have never screwed up our orders. I don't think the rich white kids are stupid, they just smoke some really excellent weed while on the clock. That's what class privelege gets you.

Scarecrow said...

Way to go. I hope at the press conference you said something like "I just try to put the puck on the net and sometimes they go in."

Orders, white kids, minorities. Who knows. I just think the white kids are lazy and don't give a darn. Here we have the same problem. We often say if you want it done and done right hite a Mexican! Sounds aweful but it is true they are the dependable ones.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the kids working the drive through are trying to get back at Phollower for not posting to his blog in so damn freaking long.

Congrats on the goal, btw. Man, do I miss that feeling. It came so rarely in my playing days, but there's nothing like it.

mama biscuit said...

Congrats on the goal!

Oh and thanks, now I want a donuts!

Sylvia said...

Zoe: Thanks. I forgot that part of the story.

Scarecrow: I definitely said that.

We miss you O'Butter.

Thanks and glad to be of service Tysgirl.

I am on a points tear this week. I had an assist last night at my game.

Oh, and as an aside, my verification word is "wasteed."