Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Happening....not really happening

Zoe, BP, Phollower, and I watch a scary movie each Halloween. In the past, we have watched some great ones, including Hitchcock's Rear Window and Psycho. This year we chose to watch The Happening. Notice I don't even link to it. You don't want to check it out. This is the movie with Mark Walberg about tons of people killing themselves in response to a mysterious natural event. Not only is the movie not scary (and that is saying something coming from me since I am a wimp), but it is absurd. Believe me, I am not giving anything important out here when I say that the "toxin" is supposed to be made by plants and carried on the wind. But whenever the plants are sending it out, the wind picks up suddenly. When did plants start controlling the wind? I am willing to suspend a fair bit of disbelief when watching movies, but this one pushed me too far. I could go on and on about all of the idiotic plot twists, none of which made sense, but why torture you too. Lucky for you, you can learn from the 4 of us and not have to watch this crappy movie.

3 comments:

mama biscuit said...

Thanks for the warning.

Did you at least eat some good popcorn?

Zoe said...

The wind was like that moment in the Transformers movie for you then. What was then, something like, "so you can buy small cars turning into giant robots, but THIS is where you draw the line in your suspension of disbelief?" I don't even remember what THIS was, but I remember the 10 minute of laughter that followed.

We should have watched The Host.

Sylvia said...

No, no good popcorn, but BP made awesome tapioca pudding!