Saturday, January 10, 2009

I am my own secretary

I recently made an appointment with someone for work. When I called, I called the individual's secretary and said "This is Sylvia [insert real name here]. I am calling in reference to your email to set a phone meeting with [insert person I am scheduling with here]." She kept referring to me in the third person, which I thought was weird, but whatever. At the end of the conversation, I asked if I should call him or if he would call me. She said she or his assistant would send an email confirming and would indicate that in the email. She asked if she should send the email to me or Sylvia. I said, "I am Sylvia. I don't have a secretary." She seemed flustered for a few seconds and then told me "Well you are doing a good job." Made me laugh. I may not have a secretary, but at least, I fill in well for one.

3 comments:

mama biscuit said...

You realize this post is opening up all sorts of naughty secretary fantasies for Phollower, don't you?

My husband's secretary's last name is Beavers. I'm not kidding.

Sylvia said...

What are the odds?

mama biscuit said...

Haven't "seen" you around in a while, just stopping by to say hello.

Maybe if you got a secretary, you'd have more time to update your blog?!?! Just a thought :-)

Hope all is well.