Thursday, January 8, 2009

Warning - TMI - Read at your own risk!

So I am late - about 2 months late. And if you don't know what I am late for, maybe you shouldn't read farther.

I don't think I can be pregnant since Phollower has been "fixed". And I am not the most regular kind of gal, so I am not too worried, but all the same, I phoned the MD office. They told me I do not need to see the doctor until I am at least 3 months late, but to take a pregnancy test just to set my mind at ease.

So off Phollower and I go to the local CVS to buy a test. I was not going alone. And I figured CVS would be quickest, less store to walk through and run into someone I know. I prefer to post these kinds of personal details on the internet.

When we cash out, the guy running the cash register says "Good luck!" Just struck us funny! I guess at CVS you learn to say "Good luck!" rather than "Hope it's positive!" when someone buys a pregnancy test.

Those were a LONG 2 minutes, but it was definitely negative.

7 comments:

dykewife said...

i had 9 months of that (a few years before boy was a glint in his father's eye) because of elevated levels of "free testosterone".

hormones is weird things.

Sylvia said...

That's interesting. Thanks for sharing that with me. I guess it all changed since you had "boy". Bodies are weird animals.

mama biscuit said...

Dammit woman, are you trying to give me a heart attack?

Zoe said...

Nothing, would have been a better thing for him to say. But, if you've got to say something, I guess "good luck" covers both sides of the fence.

I've been in those shoes, the LONGEST 2 minute shoes. They aren't comfortable. Glad you had the desired outcome.

Sylvia said...

Tysgirl: That's funny. You and Phollower had the same response. He told me about 5 times last night how happy he was I was not pregnant. And I'd have to say, in your delicate state, no I am not trying to give you a heart attack - just brighten your day in my own sick way.

Zoe: This was my first pregnancy test. And personally, I hope it was my last.

mama biscuit said...

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that those 2 minutes are just as long when you're hoping for a positive. I've been there more times than I can count!

Not to scare you, but a false negative is much more common than a false positive. You need to be very sure you aren't indeed pregnant. I just heard a story the other day where a woman took 5 tests because her husband kept insisting she was pregnant. They all came back negative. The 6th test was positive, she was pregnant.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, Sylvia. Just being the voice of reason from afar.

Sylvia said...

Tysgirl: Thanks for being the voice of reason. I am sure it is correct. I have no symptoms of pregnancy (and I'd be about 8 weeks now). And it was such a definitive negative - no hint of a "+". I think I am just being me. I've gone 3, 4, or more months before. I will go to the doctor at the end of the month if things haven't changed.